An Event Process: 'SimpleChat' is provided in eStudio application as a sample to understand the functionality of Chat component. To find the Simple Chat EP, Open Server Explorer window from Window > Show View and find under Samples folder in Event Process Repository. Double-click to open the sample.
For 2 chat components that are connected to each other,
- Messages sent from chat1 appear in chat2.
- Alternatively, messages sent from chat2 appear in chat1.
To run the Simple Chat application available in Samples, follow the below steps:
Click Check Resource and Connectivity icon (or press ALT+SHIFT+C) to check resource and connectivity before running the EP (Event Process).
- Click Run Event Process icon (ALT+SHIFT+R) to run the EP.
- Two windows representing the Chat services appear (SIMPLECHAT__1_0_chat1 and SIMPLECHAT__1_0_chat2 in the figure below).
Type a sample message in SIMPLECHAT__1_0_chat1 and press Enter; notice that the message appears in SIMPLECHAT_1_0_chat2 window.
Type a message in SIMPLECHAT_1_0chat2, press Enter and notice that the message appears in SIMPLECHAT_1_0__chat1.
- Click Stop Event Process icon to stop the running event process, which closes the chat windows too.