Below sections illustrate how to configure and use GIT version control in eStudio:
Integrating GIT into eStudio
Open eStudio and perform the following operations:
- Go to Help menu and click the Install New Software option to open the Install New Software wizard.
Click the Add button and provide the URL http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon/ in the Add Repository dialog box and click OK.
- Select the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment option under the General Purpose Tools name and click Next twice.
- Accept the Licence agreement and click Finish.
- When the installation is done, restart eStudio as it prompts to do so.
- Open the Install New Software wizard and add http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-2.3/. Select all features except EGit Plug-in Import Support and click Finish.
- Click Next twice, agree to the License Agreement, click Finish, and restart eStudio upon prompting.
Clone GIT Repository
Before Proceeding, ensure adding a property "http.sslVerify property set to "false". To do so, perform the operations below:
- Start eStudio with a new workspace.
- Open Window > Preferences.
- Go to Team > Git > Configuration.
- Click the Add Entry button and provide the values as below:
- Key: http.sslVerify
- Value: false
- Click Apply and click OK.
Open Online Event Process Development Perspective and login to EnterpriseServer.
- Open Git Repositories view from Window > Show View > Other > Git > Git Repositories.
- Open File Directory and navigate to %FIORANO_HOME%/runtimedata/eStudio/workspace/.repositories/Online/<uniqueID>/Applications and perform the following operations:
git remote add origin <repoURL>
git config --system core.longpaths true (for Windows OS)
git remote -v
git pull origin master
Open eStudio and Refresh 'Event Process Repository'.
Event Process Repository and Git Repositories view will be updated.
Configure Fetch and Push
Right-click the property under Remotes > origin and select Configure Push.
- In the Configure Push dialog box, click the Add Button and press spacebar in Remote branch textbox to select the branch from the options that appear. Click the Save button.
- Configure Fetch also in the same manner as above.
Checking Out the Project from GIT Repository
- Right-click the repository and click the Fetch option.
- Go to Branches > Remote Tracking. Right-click the sub node and click the Checkout option.
- A pop-up gets displayed; click OK.
Adding an Event Process to GIT
Event processes created in eStudio can be committed (exported) to the Git Repository by performing the following actions:
- Select Team > Commit.
In the Commit Changes dialog box, provide some comments that signify the action, select all files related to the Application changed, and click the Commit and Push button to save the event process in the GIT repository.