There could be changes in the runtimedata structure from one release to another or in the content of the essential files used by servers. So, Runtimedata Migration is essential whenever there is a need to migrate from a previous installation to the new one.
Migrating Standalone/Replicated Profile Runtimedata
Ensure that the below exercise is completed before you start with executable steps:
- Stop all running Event Processes and Fiorano servers in the old installer.
Clear runtimedata of the new Installation present in the $NEW_FIORANO_HOME directory. If required, take a backup of the runtimedata.
Step 1: Set the required parameters in RunTimeDataMigration.properties file
To migrate a runtimedata from the previous version to the new Fiorano installation, you have to first configure the RunTimeDataMigration properties file. Hence, perform the following actions before running the utility:
- Go to the location $FIORANO_HOME/esb/FioranoMigration/bin/ to find the RunTimeDataMigration.properties file.
- Open the RunTimeDataMigration.properties file and provide values for the below properties in the file:
Descriptions for the parameters in the Runtimedata Migration properties file are in the table below.
Path to old Fiorano Installer from which runtimedata is being migrated.
Provide the installer Build number of the previous installation from which runtimendata is being migrated
Path to the new eStudio workspace; location to which eStudio data is to be migrated.
Path to the old eStudio workspace. Location from which eStudio data is to be migrated.
Step 2: Execute the Migration Script
Open console from the location $FIORANO_HOME/esb/FioranoMigration/bin and execute the following script:
Once the script execution completes, the runtimedata containing the migrated data will be present in the new installation.
Migrating Shared HA Profile Runtimedata
For migrating Shared HA Profile Runtimedata, follow the same steps as illustrated in the Migrating Standalone Profile Runtimedata section, but provide the following values too in the RunTimeDataMigration.properties file:
Descriptions of the parameters in the RunTimeDataMigration properties file are in the table below.
Path to the SHARED HA FES Database(s).
Path to the SHARED HA FPS Database(s).
Post Migration Activities
After Migration, perform the following actions to ensure and confirm a proper migration:
- Add the latest license to the license folder present at Fiorano_Home.
- After running the servers, there should not be any errors on the server console and server status should be shown in the Server Status Tab of the Dashboard (Fiorano Web Console).