Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is essential for the proper functioning of Fiorano Platform. A compatible 32 bit JRE is provided as part of Windows installer. For other operating systems and for environments with high activity, the following procedure needs to be followed to setup the JRE
Though JRE is sufficient in general cases, a Java Development Kit (JDK) is also required to build custom Java components. JDK 1.7 (revision 60 or above) is recommended.
Choose 32-bit version or 64-bit version depending on the architecture of the server machine. Note that a 32-bit JDK can be used with 64-bit architecture, while a 64-bit JVM is highly recommended in production environments where the servers will need more memory.
- Download Java SE Development Kit from Oracle JAVA SE Downloads section in the official Oracle website:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- Double-click the installer and follow the instructions appearing in the Installer wizard
After the installation, the following changes have to be done in Fiorano Environment to use the installed JDK.
- Open FIORANO_HOME/fiorano_vars.bat(sh)
- In the file, point the variable JAVA_HOME and JDK_HOME to the location where Java is installed.
- Open the file FIORANO_HOME/eStudio/ eStudio.ini
Specify the location of JAVA_HOME/bin after the line -vm
By default, the settings present in fiorano_vars.bat/sh file is used for servers and components. To use a separate JDK for components, change the JVM_PARAMS value present in Runtime Arguments tab under Properties.