It is essential to verify the integrity of the downloaded installer file to ensure that the file downloaded is not corrupt. Fiorano provides pre-calculated hash values using SHA1 and MD5 Algorithms for each installer for verification.
Checking the Integrity
Use the 'Fiorano Checksum Utility' or other command line programs like md5sum/sha1sum/md5/sha1 to check the integrity.
Fiorano Checksum Utility
Checksum is a digit representing the sum of the correct digits in a piece of stored or transmitted digital data, against which later comparisons can be made to detect errors in the data. Fiorano Checksum Utility, which utilizes this principle to check integrity of the downloaded file, is the simpler than the other.
Perform the steps below to use the utility:
- Download the Fiorano checksum utility.
- Open the checksum.properties text file present in the checksum zip file and answer the short questionnaire present in the file.
- Execute the
The command prompt displays the Integrity Check result for the downloaded installer file.
Using Command line Programs
To check the integrity using command line programs, open the console and perform the actions below:
- Run any one of the following commands:
$ md5sum fsoa_***.exe
- After running this command, md5sum prints out the 128-bit hash value. Compare this string with the hash value provided at the product downloads link.
- If both values are identical, then the download is accurate.
Corrupt Installer file
If the downloaded Installer file is corrupt, please download the installer again and repeat the steps as mentioned above.