The following sections list new/changed features, resolved issues, and known issues and limitations pertaining to this version:
- HDFS Connector: New microservice to connect to the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and perform operations like Write, Read and Copy files.
- Sequencer: New microservice which helps to generate sequence numbers and re-sequence the messages which are processed in parallel across multiple threads or microservices.
- EDI to XML: Support for UN/EDIFACT messages.
- Support to provide pre-processing and post processing XSL.
- Web Service Consumer 4.0: Support to send HTTP headers in SOAP request.
- DB: Support for SQLXML JDBC data type.
- FTP Get: Support to read files in chronological order.
- XSLT: Support to transform using the XSLTC transformer factory.
- JMS Adapters: Support to connect to the Open MQ server and send and receive messages from JMS destinations.
- Aggregator and Join: Support to get processing statistics and to flush messages if not needed while the components are running.
- Utility to encrypt passwords and use encrypted passwords in tools like CLI.
- CLI: Support for SVN 1.8 and HTTP URLs for checkout.
- Runtime debugging support for deployed APIs.
- Support to create APIs from an RIM file.
- Support to generate a Swagger file for an API which can be used to generate a client code.
- Support to create APIs from the Swagger file.
- Support for LDAP based authentication for APIs using the new LDAP policy.
- Tokenization support to handle PANs for adhering to PCI-DSS compliance.
- Option to filter completed and incomplete workflows from dashboard.
- Option to convert route transformation to XSLT Microservice.
- Visual representation for application context settings in the port.
- Paging support in the message browser window.
- Option to update mapping in all connected route transformations when schemas are changed in the Salesforce microservice.
- Option to smartly generate mappings between similar structures.
- Microservices log the exception and stop on running out of memory. Based on an option, microservices will restart automatically. Previously, sometimes no exception was logged, while Services would still be in running state.
- Microservice context help now points to online documentation.
- Microservice resource migration is handled separately instead of being part of the runtimedata migration.
- Regular Expression Policy: Removed individual configuration for parameters and headers. Multiple variables can be provided.
- Migration: eStudio 64-bit delta pack is shipped with the installer; no need to download separately.
- DB: Statement execution fails while executing in Query Builder when parameters of the data type 'Date' are used.
- Web Service Consumer 4.0: Some messages are not processed as expected when the session count on the input port is more than one.
- FTP Put: Microservice does not process messages after idle time crossing the connection timeout value when Connection Timeout is used.
- Adding breakpoint fails when an external authentication module like JAAS is used.
- Multiple policy activation fails when one of the policies is incorrectly configured.
- When durable routes are used in an event process, in case of high volume of messages (typically at more than 1000 msgs/sec), the message flow can get stuck intermittently.
- Exporting API project fails when it is exported multiple times.
- Dashboard becomes slow when there are a large number of records in SBW database.
Known Issues and Limitations
- If multiple eStudio clients are connected to the same Enterprise Server and working on the same Event Process, the changes made by one client will not be reflected to the other clients.
- There is a race condition which under rare circumstances leads to corruption of the Peer Server's PUBSUB database on multiple start/stop events of an Event Process accompanied by multiple failovers of a Shared HA Peer Server. The Peer Server refuses to start after this point. For exact sequence of steps that may lead to this issue, please refer to KB#3273 on the Fiorano Support Portal.
- Workaround: Clear Peer Server's PUBSUB database manually. The PUBSUB database is present under: $FIORANO_HOME/runtimedata/PeerServers/<PeerProfileName>/FPS/run/PUBSUB.
- While logging on to eStudio (server on Windows 2012), if the user is not logged in as admin, he/she could get exceptions while connecting to eStudio.The reason is that by default the NTFS file system does not provide necessary Write permissions to a Guest User. And if the default temp file location that java uses falls outside the permissible territory, it results in the aforementioned exceptions.
- Resolution: The 'java.io.tmpdir' property should be set to some location within permissible limits (in server.conf/fes.conf) or the user should be given explicit Write permissions.
- A Peer Server run as an NT Service under a Domain User account in Windows fails to deploy more microservices after about 75 microservices have already been deployed.
- JMSIn/JMSOut/JMSRequestor microservices running on a Linux machine cannot connect to a Weblogic server running on a remote Linux machine using the T3 (default) protocol; the HTTP protocol should be used instead.
- SBW search does not work properly with the MSSQL database when an Event Process name has Japanese characters.
- SimpleHttp Microservice fails when the length of IP and subnet are different in the system property "http.nonProxyHosts".
- Layouts will not be completely preserved when an Event Process is opened in eStudio and nStudio.
- Customization of Error Logs and Problems View to show only eStudio-related logs is not supported.
- Event Processes created prior to SOA 2007 SP4 cannot be imported.
- Option to import an extension is not present.
- Validation of Types is not present while compiling funclets.
- EDI and CSV formats are not supported.
- Feature not supported—Cannot use overloaded java functions for scripts imported from a TMF file.
- Applications created prior to SOA 2007 SP3 using WS Stub and Http Stub microservices are not compatible with the latest versions.
- Work around: After importing, reconfigure WS Stub and Http Stub instances.